Opinion?Leave a comment!
Simpler Evernote GTD
In the course of this series, I’ve gone wavered on having a separate notebook for my context lists or combining it with my Next notebook. This week context lists have their own.
Here are my current context lists:
- @agendas – People with whom I need to speak. Each line begins with their name followed by a dash and the subject, such as “Mary – package arrived”.
- @computer – Only items that can be done on the computer. Since most of my work is here, this list can be long, but I usually only put items in this list that are not project specific. Those tasks go in the next actions section of my project notes.
- @decide – Things I need to make my mind up about.
- @email – Well… email.
- @errands - Groceries, appointments, etc.
- @home - Items that are specific to where I live and not online or on the phone.
- @office - Things I can only do at work.
- @phone - Calls I need to make.
- @planning - Things I’ll most likely be brainstorming, mind mapping about. Problems and obstacles, mostly, and attack plans for various things. Also includes things I need to read and review.
- @recording - Tasks for when I’m working on my new CD. Requires being in the home studio, working on songs.
- @waiting for - Things I’m waiting to hear back on from other people. Written just like @agendas items (and usually copied and pasted that way).
- @writing - Might be at the computer, might be long hand, but I’ll be writing, just the same.